The Men's Club was organized in the Fall of 1946 and affiliated with the International Lutheran Laymen's League in March of 1947. Rev. Edwin Hahn was instrumental in organizing the club.
Men's Club members come from all three of the Quincy LCMS churches, and monthly meetings rotate through those locations: St. James Lutheran Church, the Lutheran Church of St. John, and Our Redeemer. Monthly meetings include a devotion, hymn, scripture reading, Bible Study, mission report, and social time.
2016 meetings occur every third Thursday of the month, and rotate through the three Quincy Lutheran churches. Contact the church for more details.
The Club Objective
- To aid the local church, LLL Zone and LLL District in Word and Deed.
- Assist the local church in providing volunteers for maintaining the church.
- Aid financially the local church.
- Sponsor the Lutheran Hour Ministries.
- Encourage one another to join the International Lutheran Laymen's League and sponsor the Lutheran Hour Ministries.
- One year free membership to Junior and Adult Confirmands in the LLL.
- Aid financially Seminary students at Concordia Colleges and Seminaries.